Fashion is an ever-changing world that comes and goes with the seasons, literally. Fashion trends often times don’t last longer than a season because the weather usually dictates what clothes we wear. Therefore as the weather changes so do the clothes that we wear and when the season comes back around the next year we have already forgotten last years fashion trend and moved on to the next trend. However, there are always trends that find a way to stick around long enough to become a regular fashion statement. Generally fashion trends tend to stay around longer when they rank high in comfort ability (ie. you don’t have to visit the doctor with severe lacerations on your ankles and crunched toes every time you wear your shoes to the club), versatility (ie. can be worn dressed up or casually), and can be worn by all body types and sizes. So what fashion trends that are popular now and will most likely be a safe wardrobe choice for a long time?
- Skinny Leg Jeans: You can find skinny leg jeans in almost any color, they are relatively inexpensive, they are comfortable, they’re sexy (in most cases), and you can wear them even if you don’t have a skinny leg!
- Lace Tank Tops: A perfect example of taking a casual article of clothing from cool to hot. Lace tank tops, much like their predecessor, are comfortable to wear, easy to match, and can be worn to fit most casual occasions. With the addition of a lace design, tank tops go from being cool to being sexy cool.
- Converse Chuck Taylor All-Star: Unarguably Michael Jordan is one of the most influential sports figures in the world and as a result Jordan through his self-named shoe brand has been able to sell shoes at a pace matched by no other athlete. I mean, when you can dunk from the free throw line and appear to defy the laws of gravity, it has to be the shoes. However, you don’t have to be half man half eagle to sale shoes, more importantly you have to be a good shoe salesman, ask “Chuck” Taylor. The Chuck Taylor All-Star basketball shoe has been around since 1910 and has sold over 600 million units making it the top-selling shoe in history. I am personally a fan of the Chuck Taylor shoe because my pants fall nicely over the shoe without bunching up at the bottom. Therefore, I think its safe to say the Chuck Taylor All-Star shoe will be around for many more years to come.
- Leggings: So it’s 45 degrees outside and you really want to wear your red mini skirt that you were only able to wear once during the summer. You paid good money for this skirt and you don’t want it to just sit in the closet so you put on your favorite pair of leggings to keep your legs warm with the red mini skirt. What a stylish solution to such a common problem? In addition, you can find leggings that look like jeans, have animal prints, and in one solid color. This makes it easy to find the right pair of leggings to match your outfit. Did I include they were sexy and comfortable to wear already?
- Maxi Dresses: The long free-flowing hem of a maxi dress falls graciously over the curves of a woman’s body accenting their natural figure while concealing any minor problem areas. Maxi dresses are great for women of all body types and sizes. They are classy, sexy, and elegantly simple solutions to any occasion from nights out on the town to the kids basketball game.
So this is my top 5 list of fashion trends that are here to stay, however, I’m sure that I could have made this list longer. Help me expand this list and comment with your favorite fashion trend you believe is here to stay.